Search several sites at once to find the best deal on Textbooks, Music, DVD's, Books, and Games!
Enter a title, keyword, ISBN or UPC for the item you'd like to search for:
The Insects: An Outline of Entomology
|      ||Hardcover - 528 pages|
Author: P. J. Gullan
Release Date: September 2004
TO ACCESS THE ARTWORK FROM THE BOOK, PLEASE VISIT www.blackwellpublishing.com/gullan.
This established and popular textbook is the definitive guide to the study of insects; a group of animals that represent over half of the planet’s biological diversity.
- Completely updated and expanded, this new edition examines all aspects of insect biology including anatomy and physiology, ecology and evolution of insects, insect behaviours such as sociality, predation, parasitism and defense, medical and veterinary entomology and methods of collection, preserving and identifying insects.
- Features new chapters on the methods and results of studies of insect phylogeny and a new review of insect evolution and biogeography.
- Includes expanded sections on species diversity, social behaviour, pest management, aquatic entomology, parasitology and medical entomology.
- Successful strategies in insect conservation are also covered for the first time, reflecting the increasing threat to natural ecosystems from environmental changes.
- Boxes highlighting key themes, suggestions for further reading and illustrations, including specially commissioned drawings and colour plates, are included throughout.
- The artwork from the text is available for instructors either via CD-ROM or by visiting www.blackwellpublishing.com/gullan.
Browse Popular Textbooks!
Suggestions? Problems? Contact Us