|      ||Paperback - 512 pages|
Author: Steven A. Beebe
Release Date: February 2009
Communication helps readers see the relationships among the concepts, skills, theories, and contexts of communication by anchoring the content around five fundamental communication principles.
Written by experienced and highly regarded authors and teachers, Communication: Principles for a Lifetime provides readers with theory and skills in a manner that helps them apply what they’ve learned throughout their lives. Understanding that the challenge in communication is learning the myriad of skills, principles, and theories without being overwhelmed, Beebe, Beebe, and Ivy emphasize five key principles of communication throughout their book:
· Be aware of your communication with yourself and others.
· Effectively use and interpret verbal messages.
· Effectively use and interpret nonverbal messages.
· Listen and respond thoughtfully to others.
· Appropriately adapt messages to others.
Providing both comprehensive and cutting-edge content about communication organized around these five themes, Beebe, Beebe, and Ivy cover all of the topics expected in a manner that will help readers organize the range of material.